Most of you know the changes that have come about, that will be coming about.
And I feel bad about neglecting you for so long, but I didn't want this blog to just be me whining about how I think I need anti-anxiety meds or a yoga class or to get laid.
So in a nutshell:
- I'm single for the first time in almost 11 years.
- I'm still crazy after all these years.
- Some could say I ended things, but I think that is debatable.
- 31 is a time, and just like every other break-up I've had (yes, all two of them prior to this one), I have impeccable timing
- Breakdowns are not fun at all, especially for those of us who claim we don't have tear ducts
- My friends and family are truly awesome and lovely and amazing (hereby referred to as "besties")
- He took the Elvis Costello records
- I received a wee scholarship to grad school!
- Grad school starts on wednesday and I'm stupid excited for it.
- I can't believe how much I enjoy the crushing loneliness that is living by myself.
- Lines are not easily cast/reeled in/caught/kept
- Thank god for the smooth jazz stylings of Tony Bennett/George Benson/Chuck Mangione
- Thank god for Neko Case/the New Pornographers/Mates of State and all the other sad bastard music out there
- The Brewers are in first. Like for-real first.
- This past Saturday night was spent with besties, sipping mai-tai's, while I texted my dad smooth jazz puns regarding above artists and the Brewers; I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time.
- Not that it happens often, but I have absolutely no idea what to do with hit-ons by people I find semi-attractive/line worthy
- I'm still a super jealous person which is a total first world problem
- I just learned about first world problems, from a new bestie
- I collect besties like it's my job, but I have tons of new besties that seriously make me guffaw on a daily basis. Yeah, I just said guffaw
- This doesn't mean I love the old besties any less.
- Make new friends, keep the old. One is silver and the other gold.
- Besties, booze and the brewers (andsomesupergooditwasfunwhileitlastedyouknow) have kept me sane through all of this.