Thursday, June 5, 2014

Ode To Riverwest

So it has been a while since I've been inspired to blog about something. Not like there isn't a shit-ton of shit to blog about. But. Well. You see

I am incredibly lazy.
Like incredibly.
It doesn't help when I forget to take my anti-anxiety/anti-depressants (because I am on them like every other m-f-ing middle aged person alive--not ashamed) and then I get SUPER sleepy. And super lazy.
Read: depressed.
But this isn't going to be a blog about living (once again) in the Bell Jar. Because other, way famous bloggers and writers do that and they do it much better than me.

Instead. The bell jar seems to have lifted momentarily at least, and I've started writing fiction again (although let's be real, the first draft is SUUUUUUUPPPPERRRRRRR rough. Like super super rough. Like ashamed I wrote it rough. But I digress.)

And today. After an emotional breakdown this morning due to money and me not having any now or forever, I decided to take care of some things (WINK!), take a shower and get some stuff done. (How I will ever wake up on time for a teaching gig is beyond me, will cross that up-with-the-birds-bridge when the time comes). Until then. I will enjoy not being at work until 445 and sleeping in/doing what I want during the day.

One of the great things about serving is the constant cash flow. While I'm supposed to be saving my money for the trip to end all trips, I decided that since my french press has been missing for months, MONTHS I TELL YOU, it was time to replace it. I also had a headache that I felt only coffee could dull.

TO THE LOCAL COFFEE SHOP.
Which is within walking distance because my neighborhood is the best. On the way to said coffee shop, I passed one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, and a local hardware store. Plus two parks. GREEN SPACE IN THE CITY. CAN YOU BELIEVE.

With coffee and french press purchased, and amazing gospel (yes Leon Patillo, if you must know, followed by Kenny Loggins, because my taste is music is the best) on the ol' Spotify, I decided it would be a good idea to finally purchase a bike light since I am a real-life middle-aged hipster without a car and just a bike.

TO THE LOCAL BIKE SHOP.
Oh. You don't have a bike shop you can walk to? Bummer. On the way to the bike shop I passed one of the two schools within walking distance, and a slew of businesses that are awesome. Bike shop had exactly what I was looking for, plus a shop-dog. Whatever. I love dogs. You guys know that.

So I know that I'm basically bragging about my neighborhood but whatever. I felt compelled to write and for me that is good enough.

And I mean. There is more I could talk about. The trails I live by. All of the awesome (and some not so awesome, but everyone needs a not-awesome bar to go to once in a while) bars. And restaurants. And stores.
So it's just the best.
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment