Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day 11

Before 11 am I applied for a job, a Development Associate.
That makes my current total 8, I believe.
Minus the one that was spam.
So seven.

Today E is out filming and then playing tennis.
I have absolutely no idea what I will do today.
I kind of televisioned myself out last night.
I could read.
And do some laundry.
That sounds rather lovely.

I wish I were into college basketball, because that would be consuming me at this point.
But alas.
It's not.

***

It was a laundry day.
A glorious day of doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, have the dogs lay all over the clean laundry, and then taking the dogs for a walk.

Amazingly enough I think I'm breaking my addiction to television.
Even when I watch shows that are smart, I can't help but wonder if I wouldn't have gotten a more fulfilling, if less entertaining, rundown of said topic.

In between loads of laundry I sorted through our muck-fest of bills and (for once) it wasn't as bad as I thought.
This usually means some catastrophe will happen.
Except I already lost my job.
So maybe the porch will fall off our house.
You've seen the porch.
This could totally happen.
But until then we will keep movin' on.
Just like an old 70's song.

Later in the evening since girls' night was cancelled for the obvious reason of me being jobless, and P's liver being broken, E and I had nothing to do.
So we called on neighbor-friends for an impromptu game night of Blokus and Settlers of Catan.
Although I'm really bad at Blokus, I like it.
Which is weird, cos I'm so highly competitive.
Maybe I'm maturing.
I highly doubt it.
I think it's because I have connotations of that night that I first played Blokus that most likely will never be repeated.
Unless at Winterfest.
Settlers of Catan was the usual fun times, except E. won.

In other news.
How do people listen to emo incessantly?
Death Cab just came on the ole itunes and I thought to myself,
"Although I'm jobless, I'm not nearly as close to suicide that would requisite me listening to such sad bastard music."
Is it because the sun is shining?
Is it because I'm not 14?
Is it because somewhere in that mix I know "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys is waiting?
D. All of the above.

And just to validate my own baseball knowledge.
There was recently an article in the MJS about how Macha is thinking of having Kendall bat lead-off.
The numbers don't lie.
Kendall gets on base.
I could quote the article, but you are all tech savvy and can look it up.
Sure he isn't a speedster, but BUT, if you're relying on your power hitters, what do you need base stealers for?
If you're relying on Braun/Fielder to hit it out of the park what does it matter if Kendall is still on first?
Something I was saying last year when Weeks was incessantly striking out.
Anyway.
I'm interested to see how this plays out during the season.
Maybe (dear GOD let's hope so) Weeks will break out this season.
It ain't like he's not due.

No comments:

Post a Comment