Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 12 (rejection letter free inside!)

Not even noon yet.
Things I've accomplished thus far:
Applied for a job
Did some laundry
Made some coffee

Okay so I guess it's not that much.
But jobs applied to count is up to eight.
Unfortunately, I don't think eight is enough.

E got a free lunch today (and not even because of the recession!) so I got to eat some of his leftover french fries.
It's the little things.
But they were some delicious french fries let me tell you.

Also!
More seeds came today!
Lettuce and, accidentally, turnips.
I thought I was ordering this "Paul Robeson tomato."
But the number I had written down is the same number as the "Blanc de Crosby" turnip.
Oh wells.
At least it has a cool-ish name.
I guess I can look for recipes with turnips...assuming they even grow.
This whole gardening thing is quite the experiment.

In other news.
I found out two of my "aunts" blog!
Which makes it clear that the writer-ly side of us is from their dad, my gramps.
NICE!

And without further ado...
I would like to cut and paste my FIRST rejection letter of MY recession!
Unfortunately it's an email so I will be cutting and pasting:

Dear [Victim of the Recession],

Thank you for applying to Uline. Your qualifications have been reviewed against our openings, and unfortunately, we have identified other candidates who more closely meet our requirements at the present time.

Thank you for your time and interest in Uline. We wish you success in obtaining the position you desire.

Sincerely,

Uline Human Resources



Position(s) Applied For:

Senior Copywriter - CORP

One down, 7 more to go.
Not to worry I will keep you posted.

In other news I've decided to make tomato soup as a meal next week, and some Iranian dish that is rice, butter and saffron. I'll let you know how it all works out in the end.

And by all I mean recipes, laundry, garden, job hunt, etc.

And if you are like me and like to booze, may I recommend BluCreek Blueberry Ale.
It was leftover from a party (because that is what jobless people do to get liquor...throw parties and hope that people leave booze, 95% of the time they do! A little trick of the jobless trade) .
And as I'm sipping, reading the label, I find it's from Black River Falls.
Not so far from the old stomping grounds.
Nice!
To make this the perfect day?
Outside gardening.
In a tank top.
Dogs lazing.
Beer in hand (for summer outdoor drinking, may I recommend Dos Equis).
Uecker on the radio.
Get up.
Get outta here.
GONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment