Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 9

Today I slept in.
I know, I know.
But in my defense, our house is incredibly cold, because E. turned off the heat (which I didn't learn until he got home from work today as I'm in a sweater, scarf and slippers).
Plus, I had me some weirdo dreams. With creepy voyeurs.
Ew.

In other news.
I applied for a blogger job today.
I think it's pretty much lo-no pay.
But.
BUT!
It would be for the Brewers.
A virtual dream come true for a Crew fan like myself!
I will let you all know how it goes.
Obs.
Because what else do I have to let you know about?
Ooh!
Maybe I could post all of my rejection letters here!
Yes.
Check and done.

Today we begin dog-sitting for a week.
I am very excited as we have been foster-less for a while.
We were supposed to pick up fostering again after the Irish Holiday season, but with me being jobless, we didn't want to take on too much.

In other news:
We got our seeds today! So fun.
I will be sorting them later and delivering them to my garden-buddy, M.
I think one of the reasons I'm not SUPER worried about MY recession is because I will be growing my own food (well, hopefully) AND I've purchased an organic crop share, so bascially I will be getting organic vegetables for the whole summer! Which means groceries will consist of pasta, soy milk and cheese and the staples like flour.
It should be noted, that the crop share was purchased BEFORE MY recession began. But I think it's a really good deal.
I think we worked it out to be $10/week for organic veggies which will force us to be a little bit more creative with our cooking so we are not wasteful.
Speaking of which...I think I'm going to try to make flour tortillas. Because we always buy them, but they are kind of expensive. And I would have to assume that homemade ones taste better.
I could be wrong, but ain't no use in not trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment