Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 19

What a mother-loving L-A-Z-Y day.
Eff.
Eff balls and pastrami on rye.
Seriously.

I felt as if I had pulled an all-nighter.
I couldn't believe that E. actually had to wake up at like five.
IN THE MORNING.
For I was dragging.

I think I maybe woke up shortly before he came home.
At 1130 or so.
Maybe.
He might have awoke me.
It's a blur.

The day was spent mostly freezing on the couch, cuddling with the dog, and watching...
Wait for it...











DARK SHADOWS!
The short-lived 90's version.
Not the old old school one.
OMG.
It was so good and bad all at the same time.
I was addicted to this show as a child.
In fifth grade.
My group even made a "life size" (well 5th-grader life-size) Barnabus Collins, complete with frilly cuffs and magic ring.
The Chiller network was doing a marathon.
Until now, I didn't even know there was a Chiller network.
But as it happened.
There it was in all of it's cheeseball glory.
So I fired up the pizza rolls, and settled in.
So I finally got to see the finale.
Which was not as full of closure as I would have liked.
But it was ridick.
And I loved it.
I loved that my favorite show in 5th grade (or was in 6th?) was about vampires.
As was my favorite movie.
And now.
Almost 20 years later I'm addicted to vampire books and shows again.
I'm sure that says something about me, but I haven't found a link yet.
But I'm searching for one.
Maybe I should become an unofficial vampire scholar.
Or an official one.
Whichevs.

This weekend has been an utter waste.
Or waist as everyone else seems to spell it.
At least the people who write facebook quizzes.
I truly have a feeling future intelligence will be based on your ability to spell correctly.
Without the use of spell-check.
Homonyms will be the end of us.
Mark my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment