Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 110

The majority of today was spent catching up on the ol' blog-a-roo.
Unfortuantely the past 10 days or so have been quite busy and quite hot that I can't quite get myself to sit in the office for any amount of time longer than checking email. I do dreadfull apologize, and I have since found a box fan that fits nicely in the office window, which blows in the shaded (read: cool) air. The room is actually quite lovely and cool now, competing with the downstairs as coolest room in the house.

And while I did blog for a while, I have to say, I could have kept going, had I more days to discuss. Maybe I really am good at this writing thing.
Who knew?!

Recession garden news:
It looks as if the vinegar trick really worked!
One we pull out the dead weeds, we then salt the patio and water the salt in.
This combination makes the patio inhabitable for plants, supposedly.
So not only is this trick "green" but also costs less than a bottle of Roundup!
I will keep you posted how it works.

Feeling the Recession:
While thus far I haven't exactly, hardcore, "felt" the recession, I am feeling it this week.
Today begins Summerfest.
And while most of my friends hate hate HATE Summerfest, I always have fun when I go.
Where else can you see Tom Petty for free from the grass seats?
Or the Foo Fighters on one of the side stages?
Sure it's full of drunken fools, but what bar isn't that time of night?
PLUS!
You're hearing good, live music.

So anyway, it appears as if I won't be able to go this year.
Which is truly unfortunate because a couple of my friends' bands are playing and I like to support good local music.
Okay.
I like to support my friends.
Whatevs.
And I can't seem to score free tickets for the life of me.
So I would just like to give my support here:
Good luck bands.
I hope you draw big crowds, and that people stop and listen to your music.

No comments:

Post a Comment