Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 86

Roller Coaster!
(of love--say what?)
Roller Coaster
ooh ooh ooh!

Last fall our CSP besties M&Z suggested we all go to Great America for Fright Fest.
We were quite excited at this prospect and upon looking at prices and such, we thought it would be a good idea if we got season passes. At the time a season pass included Fright Fest's admission and unlimited for the NEXT season. So this year. We worked it out and if we just went ONCE this season the pass would be worth it.

So today we made our season pass worth it.
And it was freaking awesome.
E. had the brilliant idea that we should try to go on a weekday before school got out.
Which is pretty genius.
So he had the day off, I always have the day off so we decided it would be a good day to try it out.
A couple glitches occurred:
1. it was cloudy out, like cloudy where it looked like it would probably rain. We looked into the weather and the highest percentage chance of rain was as we were looking at the weather. So we decided to chance it. It's not like we were "paying" to get in. We could always go next Tuesday if need be.
2. I couldn't find my season pass. I knew it was in my chain wallet that AA had gotten for me like five years ago. Which will now be my Great America wallet. Needless to say, I found it, pass and extra ticket still inside. YES!

Before leaving I did my unemployment duty of applying for two jobs, filing for my UI for the week, and received a phone call from the company that I had the testing for. Apparently I did okay on the tests (shocker!) and they are presenting me as a candidate to the hiring manager at the end of this week, so I should hear from them next week, if I'm presented in a favorable fashion. So that is some good news on the job front.
Or at least "Meh?" news.

The drive down is rain-free full of music trivia, which E is not good at, but he did make a point that if it was History, he would have done better. Next time I may just bring some Trivial Pursuit cards. So we can both feel smart.

From interviewing 24 times in Waukegan, I knew there was a way to get to Great America avoiding tolls. And there was.
And.
There were two shopping centers to pick from so parking would be free.
Because parking is $15.
Seriously.
There is a recession and we have decided even if I get a job, we are going to continue our ridiculously thrifty ways.
You know, for funzies!

I'm not gonna lie, it was probably a mile walk from the shopping center to the park, but we felt a day of leisure should begin and end with a brisk walk. But what could be better? You save $15 and you get some exercise. Win-win if you ask me.

We get to the park and it's obviously not busy. Which is great.
The first ride we go on is the Superman.
Which, is really effing scary. I'm not gonna lie.
The line was one of the longest we had to wait in, which was 15 minutes.
SERIOUSLY.
It was great.
We got to go on all the roller coasters, and went on the V-2 and the Raging Bull twice.
I have to say I was highly disappointed in the Dark Knight Ride. It was super short, and really not that great. Skip it if you have to wait in line for more than 10 minutes.
But all the other rides were great. Even E said the Whizzer was better than he thought it would be.
Faves: V-2, the Batman, Raging Bull
Least Faves: The Whizzer and the Dark Knight

And I'm not gonna lie, I was scared to go on the V-2 (Vertical Velocity) because most of the people right before us looked like they were all going to throw up. But, it was so super fun I couldn't stop laughing, which is what I do on roller coasters, laugh and giggle.

After our day of ridiculous fun and laughter we both settled in for a night of baseball and then after watching Manny Parra fall apart in the 3rd and 4th inning rather than the 5th, I decided to read and listen to the soft rock station on cable, which is probably one of my favorite stations of all time.

It was definitely a day of too much fun for one hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment